Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Embrace Change

Continuing with the lessons from Sunday's sermon about embracing change, I've given a lot of thought to what qualities I would like to see in other people so I can work on those things within myself in an effort to change the world for the better and "be the change" I want to see.

What I've discovered is that I'd like to see more confident people. People who believe in themselves and don't feel the need to put themselves down all the time. Like, "look how big my butt looks, or my hair looks awful, I can't even carry a tune...." I find it interesting that if a person walks into a room and says, "Man, my calfs are huge!" it's considered totally acceptable. If the same woman walks in and says, "wow, I have a gorgeous face" most people are immediately turned off. Well, I'd like to see that CHANGE.

I want to see people who look me dead in the eye and say, "wow! I feel great today! I've given to my favorite charity this morning, ran 5 miles and this organic banana is AWESOME! I think a promotion is in my future, I just LOVE my job!" I want to see people who love themselves wholeheartedly. People who shower themselves with the same compliments they'd give their most cherished loved one.

So, to bring about this drastic change, I've decided to get my very soft body back to the gym.......*ahem* I mean, I've decided to get my beautiful, wonderful, God given physical temple called my body back into motion by taking positive steps to gain health and vitality! I am doing this because I am confident and strong! I love myself SO MUCH that I want to be the best I can be.

I love myself! I am beautiful! I am strong! I am capable! I am loving! I am kind! I am generous! I am thoughtful! I am Good....because I am part of God. What a wonderful message! What a fabulous reality!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus