Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A message from God

Last night, at around 11pm I received a phone call from my mother. She told me that my sister, who was carrying 2 babies in her beautiful belly, was going into labor. Unfortunately, my sister is only 24 weeks along which makes this horrible news. I sobbed uncontrollably as my brain raced through all the awful possibilities: months of bedrest if they even managed to stop the contractions, her 2 angels being born at 1.5 lbs and having severe physical and mental disabilities, months of hospitalization, or even worse.... death. The hopelessness of it all consumed me. Then, in an instant, my fearful thoughts disappeared. An inner stillness and peace overwhelmed me.

As I laid in bed with silent tears streaming down my cheeks, God's voice revealed itself to me. His voice was so loud and familiar. He said, "Pay attention to the pain you feel. Pay attention to the fear you have. Experience your sadness. But remember.... I am with you." For a brief moment with all my inner chaos, I was in what I think the Unity church might call, "complete alignment with the Holy Spirit"

Soon after, God asked me a question and he commanded me to look inside my heart for an honest answer. God said, "I offer you comfort but what if I wasn't here with you to give you this comfort? What if on a night like tonight, you lay here crying, and I was nowhere to be found?" Without hesitation, I began to sob again. Even the loving embrace of my husband couldn't comfort me. But this time, these tears were not for my sister. Not for her children. But for the people of the world who go through life and experience these great times of sadness, and pain and loss and don't have God to comfort them. These people... they have no hope. They remain in a constant state of fear. They only experience a brief temporary happiness, and don't understand what true inner Joy is. They do not understand that there is a greater purpose for their lives and when dreadful things happen, they have no peace in knowing that they are not alone or that there is a lesson greater than their understanding that is to be learned.

I cried uncontrollably for these hopeless people. Then, God spoke again. He said, "I have showed you this so that through Me, you can help save these people from hopelessness." And once again, an inner stillness emerged. The silence of my mind returned and at that moment, I felt both sadness and joy. Pain for my sister and for her husband but Peace with God. I am certain, that what I experienced was a conversation with the living God. I wouldn't call this experience super natural. It wasn't exactly profound. I don't claim to be special or unique. I believe God talks to all of us this way if we only allow His message to be heard. It is in his will that I share the great news about an all loving God that does exist and does offer peace, hope, and love. Even in the face of terrible sadness.

It is my sincere intention that this blog serve that purpose. I hope people read it. I hope His will be done through it. If not through this blog, then I will work to find out how God does want me to work toward this goal and tell people about the Love and peace that only He can offer. I recognize that if I am able to help "plant seeds" and help people "grow in Spirit" that it is not through my own strength, but I give all glory and power to God. I ask that God use me only as a vessel to spread His message.

I hope whatever church people attend, whether they pray or meditate, whether they practice on Sunday, or Saturday, or whether they sing Michael Jackson songs during service, or whether they speak in tongues, or read the book of Mormon or Thomas or Revelation compulsively that they get the opportunity to experience hope and peace because of their relationship with God. Because this world is SO difficult and human strength is not enough. Life is hard. Without God, it is impossible.
blog comments powered by Disqus